(609) 599-5000
1-855-599-SFMC (7362)
Connect with us!  

Financial Aid

Students at St. Francis Medical Center School of Nursing have several financial aid programs available to them, which can assist eligible students in meeting the cost of their nursing education. All federal financial aid for St. Francis students is administered by Mercer County Community College (MCCC). Students should apply for federal aid through MCCC (Federal School Code # 002641.  Applications and supporting documents should be submitted before March 1st for the Fall semester and before October 1st for the Spring semester in order for Financial Aid to arrive before tuition and fees need to be paid.  For further financial aid information refer to MCCCs web site. The Student Affairs Coordinator at St. Francis is also available to provide information and advice relating to financial aid. Brief summaries of the major federal financial aid programs follow.


This federal program awards grants to eligible students who have not yet earned a bachelor's degree.  To determine if you are eligible, the Department of Education uses a standard formula passed into law by Congress to evaluate the information you report on you student aid application.  These grants DO NOT have to be paid back, however, you must file a new application of each academic year.  The application form is know as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which is processed by the federal central processing center. FAFSA's are available form MCCC, the Student Affairs Offica and most high schools and colleges or directly from the U.S. Department of Education toll-free telephone information center at (800) 4 FED AID.  Individuals with internet access may complete a FAFSA on line at http://www.fafsa,ed.gov.


These are low-interest loans made to students. They MUST BE REPAID after you leave school.  There are two types of FSL's:  Subsidized and Unsubsidized.  Eligibility for government subsidy of the interest is determined by a needs analysis based on the information submitted on your FAFSA.  Before your loan application can be certified, your elibigility for Federal Pell Grant must be determined.  Therefore, you must file a FAFSA as indicated above, even if you are only interest in a loan.


To be eligible to receive financial aid you must maintain satisfactory academic progress toward completion of the program.  Financial aid is awarded without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.


The school of Nursing annually receives scholarships from private donors. These scholarship are for varying amounts and have varying criteria.

Privacy Statement | HIPAA Notice of Privacy | Site Feedback | Contact Us | Sitemap